All individuals and business entities that own and control property have a duty to make their premises safe. Nonetheless, accidents still happen, including “slip and fall” incidents which occur when an individual slips, trips or falls because of a hazardous condition. Slip and fall cases are based on principles of negligence and allow victims to recover damage for personal injuries. Bonina and Bonina, P.C. has represented victims of slip and fall accidents for 50 years.
Some of the dangerous property conditions that may cause slip and fall accidents include:
- Slippery, wet floors
- Raised, uneven, broken or cracked flooring and torn, uneven carpeting
- Unsafe stairways
- Fallen objects
- Inadequate lighting
- Unsafe, temporary walkways used during construction
- Violations of safety codes
What many people may not realize is that slip and fall accidents are a primary cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Other common injuries resulting from slip and fall incidents include broken bones, severe lacerations, and spinal cord injuries.
Property owners and operators can be held liable for a dangerous condition of which they were fully aware but then failed to take necessary precautions to remedy. They can also be held responsible for injuries resulting from conditions they caused and created.
Individuals injured in a slip and fall accident must prove:
- Their presence on the property was legal;
- The owner knew or should have known of the existence of a dangerous condition on the property;
- The owner failed to provide notice of or repair the dangerous condition; and
- Any damages incurred were caused by the slip and fall incident.
At Bonina and Bonina, P.C., we have been successfully fighting for New Yorkers injured in slip and fall accidents for over 50 years. Our experienced trial attorneys offer the necessary assistance to help you obtain compensation for your injuries. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact us today at 1-888-MedLaw1 (888-633-5291) or online. The consultation is free. Home and hospital visits are available. Se habla espaňol.